As the popularity of cosmetic dentistry rises, more and more procedures are available. From teeth whitening to gum surgery, cosmetic procedures vary wildly. However, with all these options, choosing the best procedure for you may prove to be difficult. It is easy with help from your Pekin, IL dentists to you determine which procedures will benefit you.
- Bonding: Cosmetic bonding involves correcting small imperfections with composite resin materials. These imperfections most often include chips or small gaps.
- Braces: Orthodontic treatment serves to straighten the teeth and correct issues with bite, such as overbite, underbite or crossbite. Braces also help bring together gaps and even out overcrowding.
- Bridges: Bridges replace a missing tooth via a dental appliance connected to two natural teeth on either side of the gap. The bridge connects to the teeth using either metal clasps or dental crowns.
- Crowns:Dental crowns stabilize and strengthen a damaged or weakened tooth. The tooth-shaped, cap-like crown fits over a natural tooth.
- Contouring/Reshaping: These procedures repair uneven, slightly chipped, or misaligned teeth by reshaping the tooth to improve appearance.
- Dental Implants: If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants surgically implanted into the bone below a missing tooth replace the root. A dental crown attached to the implant replaces a tooth, providing a permanent replacement.
- Periodontal: Dentists use periodontal procedures to reverse gum disease, even out gum lines and repair exposed roots.
- Teeth whitening: One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments, teeth whitening uses chemical reactions between the whitening agents and your teeth’s stains to provide a whiter appearance. Many patients schedule whitening sessions once or twice a year.
- Veneers: Veneers are very thin shells of porcelain which fit over the front of the teeth. Veneers repair a myriad of abnormalities in the teeth, including cracks, chips, overlaps, gaps, staining, yellowing and misaligned teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry procedures, please contact Dr. Stephen E. Dickey at Total Dental Care in Pekin, IL. Call (309) 347-7055 to schedule your appointment today!