Want a more beautiful smile?
Your Pekin, IL, dentists Dr. Stephen Dickey, have a great solution that's both cost effective and time saving. If you're interested in finding out more about veneers and how they can help you, then you've come to the right place!
Who needs veneers?
Think of veneers as a resurfacing process. Your Pekin doctor eliminates the flaws ruining your smile. Here are some examples of what veneers can cover:
- Dents, grooves, cracks and fractures found on the surface of your teeth that may have been caused by injury, for example.
- Slight gaps, overcrowdedness, and crooked and misshaped teeth can be fixed. These issues can simply be hereditary, but cause issues with bite and chewing function.
- Discoloration and stains can be removed to give you a brighter smile. Discoloration could be due to age or other factors like smoking or drinking tea and coffee.
What's the process like?
Veneers are porcelain shells that are installed to the surface of your teeth. They have color stability, which means they are resistant to staining.
This is what the process is like:
- The dentist will examine your teeth and make sure you have no severe issues, like cavities, that may need to be treated first. Then they will assess whether veneers are right for you.
- If you're a good fit, the doctor will remove some enamel off the surface of your teeth. This is a permanent procedure, so make sure veneers are something you are comfortable with. The enamel is removed so the veneers align properly with the rest of your natural teeth or other veneers that will be installed as well.
How to care for veneers?
Porcelain veneers are strong, but it's important to take proper care of them. Brushing and flossing are essential and don't skip your bi-yearly exam with your doctor.
Veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of your smile, so call your Pekin, IL, dentist today!